Maintaining Access to WaSH in Nayapara and Kutupalong
Funded by: UNHCR
Objective and Intended Impact:
Goal: Protection and Mixed Solution
Objective-1: Population living in satisfactory conditions of sanitation and hygiene
- Output 1.1: Community sanitary facilities/latrines constructed
- Output 1.2: Household sanitary facilities/latrines constructed
Objective-2: Supply of potable water increased or maintained
- Output 2.1: Water system constructed, expanded and/or upgraded
Safe Water Options
- Community latrines
- HH & shared latrines
- Bathing Cubicles
- Bio-gas Plants
- Community kitchen
- Garbage Bins
Solid Waste Management Services
- Distribution of buckets to ensure source separation method at HH level.
- Regular cleaning and maintenance of garbage bins.
- Transporting degradable waste from garbage bins to landfill sites.
- Transporting non-degradable waste from garbage bins to burning units or incinerators
Fecal Sludge Management Services
- Transportation or empting of liquid sludge from holding tank/septic tank to dislodging ponds.
- Maintaining environment-friendly sludge treatment facilities.
- Taking necessary safety measures to minimize pollution.
- Ensuring community involvement for effective sludge management.
Bio-gas related Services
- Regular repairing and maintenance of Bio-gas plants.
- Regular repairing and maintenance of Bio-gas run community kitchens.
- Capacity building of Bio-gas user committees.
Mass Awareness through Promotional Activities
- Hygiene promotion sessions with women, men and children.
- Promotional activities for increasing the uses of Retained Heat Cooker (RHC).
- Documentary film development on RHC.
- National/international day observance programmes related to WaSH.
- Popular theatre, rally, film show & demonstration sessions.
- Development of camp specific hygiene promotion materials.
- Mass awareness through billboard, poster, message board, etc.
Capacity Development to
- Bio-gas user groups
- Latrine user groups
- Tube well caretaker groups
- WaSH Committee
- Camp Committee
- Volunteer- Disludging groups, Cleaning groups, Repair & Maintenance group, Hygiene promotion groups, etc.