Community Mobilization and Development of Action Plan for Rural Non-Piped Water supply scheme and Community Awareness Building on Sanitation and Hygiene (North-South Zone-185 Unions)
GoB-World Bank (Under BRWSSP-S 12 package); IDA Credit #5075-BD
Duration of the Project:
30 months: Starting from November 2013 (Effective from November 19, 2013)
Modus operandi of the project
Joint Venture with Institute of Water Modelling (NGO Forum as Lead)
Objectives of the project
- To mobilize and capacity building of the Local Government Institutions i.e. Union Parishads, Union Water and Sanitation (WATSAN) Committees, and affected communities to manage the arsenic and/or other water contamination e.g. salinity crisis.
- To promote sustainable sanitation services with special focus on people still defecating in the open as well as improvement of the quality of coverage for the existing population using unhygienic latrines.
· Union Orientation Workshop for 185 unions
· Organizing Training of Union Water supply and Sanitation committees: 26 nos.
· Train up Community Development Promoters: 555 nos.
· Baseline Data collection for 185 unions
· Arsenic Testing & Marking for more than 3,30,000 water points
· Ward Action Plan (Social Map, Sub-community Action Plan, Different Tools) development: 1665 nos.
· Orienting Field Testers: 340 nos.
· Orientation of Ward WatSan Committee: 1665 nos.
· Hygiene Promotion Session with Mixed Groups: 8320 nos.
· User group formation: 7000 nos.
· Campaign for sanitation promotion: 185 nos.
. Facilitating Contribution money collection (for 7000 water point and sanitation option) nos.