NGO & Civil Society Networking Project
1st January 2006 to 31st December 2011
- Capacity buildup of all relevant stakeholders to play the roles required to promote safe hygiene behavior (SHB), hygienic sanitation (HS) and safe water supply (SWS) with emphasis and disadvantaged groups.
- Capacity of NGO Forum enhanced to operate as a centre of excellence in the WatSan sector.
• Knowledge, awareness, motivation and skill of FNGOs, PSOs LGIs and relevant stakeholders increased to lead CLTS, SHB and SWS at community level.
• Knowledge and skill of local theatre/cultural groups enhanced to play catalytic role in promotion of safe WatSan and hygiene issues at community level.
• Advocacy & networking with policy-makers and civil society strengthened to facilitate promotion of enabling sectoral policies and relevant issues.
• Capacity of the PSOs & CBOs to facilitate access to and availability of low-cost appropriate hygienic latrine and safe water option increased.
• Operation & management capacity of NGO Forum enhanced.