Deputy Project Manager (DPM)
No. of Vacancies: 01
The key purpose of this position is to carry out the duties and responsibilities of Deputy Project Manager (DPM) for the project 'UNHCR Extended Project in Cox's Bazar' to ensure effective implementation of WASH interventions maintaining the highest possible level of standards and quality by ensuring necessary support to the project and utilizing resources for implementation. Being an implementation partner of UNHCR, NGO Forum is looking for a qualified individual to carry out the duties and responsibilities of the Improved WASH Services in Cox's Bazar area.
Job Description / Responsibility
· Plan the activities according to the development of the project.
· Follow the activity advancement by regular visits;
· Preparing the activity reports.
· Preparing the work plan considering the target of the project period
· Ensure implementation of the WASH activities as per the work plan and or defined by his/her supervisor.
· Validate the relevance of the intervention area, the selection of beneficiaries, and identification of committed players.
· Ensure the project's technical follow-up for his/her component
· Preparing the drawing, design and BoQ of the facilities
· Propose solutions or improvements for better performance of the activities
· Regular Monitoring the activity of the construction work
· Preparing the details work plan for the construction work and implement as well
· Preparing the activity progress report of the relevant activities
· Regular monitor the WASH activities at field level ;
· Prepare monitoring tools according to the project indicators.
· Monitor and follow up the volunteers' activities
· Assist and guidance the volunteers for the smooth functioning of the project.
· Defining the approach with local stakeholders, other organizations and LGIs.
· Support management plan development with health centers management.
· Perform any other related duties or responsibilities that may be assigned by the project team.
· Professional work experience in different WASH project implementation, monitoring and reporting.
· Experience in the design, construction and supervision of WASH infrastructure.
· Proficient knowledge of standard computer software (AutoCAD, MS Word, Excel and project management software)
· Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
· Willingness to work in Refugee camps, Host communities
· Strong personality and leadership capacity
· Strong liaison and networking capacity
· Team building and staff management capacity
· Have knowledge on qualitative and quantitative M&Esystem, large data-based management, monitoring of WASH based programs and socioeconomic status.
· Good communication and networking skills both in Bangla & English
Job Nature: Full-time (Contractual basis)
Educational Requirements: M. Sc/ B.Sc in Civil Engineering or Civil and Environment Engineering/ Diploma in Civil Engineering or relevant qualification with 5-8 years relevant experience also may apply.
· 5 to 8 year(s) experience in project management preferable in emergency and humanitarian response program
· Working experience with NGO, Development Agency
· Working exp. in Humanitarian Assistance, Emergency Response Program and Emergency Humanitarian Response Program
Job Location: Cox’s Bazar
Salary Range: BDT 89,150
Other Benefits: As per Human Resource Policies and Procedures
Interested persons are requested to apply with complete Curriculum Vitae (not more than 4 pages) with cover letter stating suitability for the position, contact telephone number and a copy of a recent passport size photograph. Job Application Form can be downloaded by clicking here. Please note the application form is required to be completed in full and incomplete applications will not be considered. NGO Forum is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified female candidates. Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or Manager, HR & Admin, NGO Forum for Public Health 4/6, Block-E, Lalmatia, Dhaka-1207. Please mention the position title and Job Reference: 27.06.18 in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be called for interview.