Assoc. Hygiene Promotion Officer
No. of Vacancies: 01
To work closely with communities for Hygiene Promotion for better health in the operation areas to reduce the risk of water and excreta related communicable diseases by promoting proper hygiene practice. Coordinate with stakeholders to provide technical input wherever required.
Job Description / Responsibility
· To conduct WASH assessment on targeted area
· To demonstrate the use of WASH specific items which need special knowledge for operation and maintenance, especially when using chemical i.e. water purification tablets, water treatment equipments.
· To conduct participatory approach in promoting good water, sanitation and hygiene practices in targeted area
· To conduct participatory monitoring of water and sanitation facilities usage and maintenance with community
· To inform local authority and health department if there is outbreak in community that requires immediate response
· To document schedule plan, field report and update to Hygiene Sr. Monitoring & Doc Officer in timely manner
· To plan and conduct assessments (e.g. KAP surveys) on WASH and hygiene among communities;
· To collate data, analyze and report findings, developing an action plan to address key identified issues;
· To identify facilitators within the communities and conduct training, ensuring regular monitoring and follow up of progress as well as ongoing capacity development;
· To mobilize, organize and supervise, through facilitators or other means, members of the communities to take ownership of maintaining best practices in personal, community and environmental hygiene;
· To conduct participatory hygiene promotion sessions within communities, schools, groups of persons with specific needs, according to age, gender and diversity, community-based committees and other groups, such as duty bearers and stakeholders;
· To manage and conduct home visiting to assess, inform and motivate families to improve hygiene and living conditions when required;
· To promote hygiene education through a variety of means, such as information sharing, dissemination, and communication materials;
· To provide support to the distribution of hygiene items, and conduct monitoring and follow up to ensure proper usage of items and appropriateness;
· To maintain full qualitative and quantitative records and reports of activities, disaggregated by age, gender and diversity where appropriate;
· To develop contacts with community leaders and key stakeholders to explain and promote the organization and projects;
· Act as a link between the organization and the beneficiaries.
· Age 32 to 45 years
· Basic concept on Emergency Health and Hygiene
· WaSH experiences on refugee context
· Good communication skill and knowledge on CAD on Hygiene
· Good knowledge on reproductive Health & MHM
· Able to communicate in local language (Cox’s Bazar, Burmees)
· Adequate IT skill for presentation, reporting, graphical presentation.
· Working exp. with Govt. officials
· Positive attitude as development worker, team worker and accommodative within team at community level along with development partners
· Should have knowledge on WatSan, Public Health, Community mobilization, PRA tools and techniques, FGD, Situation Analysis.
· Experience in Health and Hygiene promoted activities.
· Willingness to work in Refugee Camps
· Willingness to work under pressure during emergency response
Job Nature: Full-time (Contractual basis)
Educational Requirements: Masters/M.Sc. in Home Economics, Nutrition Science/Environment sciences/ Public Health/Environmental Health
· 4 to 6 year(s) working experience with NGO, Development Agency
· Experience in Social Mobilization & Hygiene Promotional Work
· Planning, Designing & Conducting Hygiene Session, Hygiene Campaign.
· Knowledge on Safe water Sanitation and Hygiene, Food Hygiene and Environmental Hygiene
· At least 3 years experienced in hygiene promotion programs
· Experienced in Emergency Humanitarian responses.
Job Location: Cox’s Bazar
Salary Range: BDT 67, 340/-
Other Benefits: As per Human Resource Policies and Procedures
Interested persons are requested to apply with complete Curriculum Vitae (not more than 4 pages) with cover letter stating suitability for the position, contact telephone number and a copy of a recent passport size photograph. Job Application Form can be downloaded by clicking here. Please note the application form is required to be completed in full and incomplete applications will not be considered. NGO Forum is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified female candidates. Applications should be sent to email@example.com or Manager, HR & Admin, NGO Forum for Public Health 4/6, Block-E, Lalmatia, Dhaka-1207. Please mention the position title and Job Reference: 27.06.18 in the subject line.