No. of Vacancies: 01
Demonstrating the technical and civil engineering expertise to improve the WASH Services for Rohingya Refugees and Host Communities in Cox's Bazar
Job Description / Responsibility
- Assist the Project Manager in overall planning, budgeting, implementation and monitoring of the project.
- Drawing, design, and construction or rehabilitation of different types of WASH facilities as well as collaborative work with logistic/ procurement to support quotations collection, quotation evaluation, contractor selection, contracts signing, orders, work order issue and purchases.
- Technical supervision and cross-checking of hardware construction materials of water & sanitation facilities before installation with specifications, drawing, design quality and quantity.
- Conduct pre-feasibility and feasibility of the construction related works.
- Responsible for feasibility survey, design, prepare the estimation of quantities and cost detailed drawings and other necessary documents of WASH interventions.
- Maintain up-to-date records of all field level activities to show a status of the work, the status of construction materials, equipment at store and construction site.
- Conduct regular monitoring and full technical supervision and provide technical inputs to the beneficiaries.
- Perform project management functions; calculate project quantities; prepare project cost estimates, specifications and coordinate activities with other external agencies in the target area.
- Manage construction contract by providing engineering support during project construction and process contract change orders and design revisions.
- Attend various internal and external meetings regarding engineering topics or issues and respond to questions and inquiries from various individuals, groups, and organizations regarding engineering issues.
- Support the Project Manager in preparing monthly progress report(s).
- Perform any other related duties or responsibilities that may be assigned by the project team.
- Age 27 to 40 years
- Both males and females are allowed to apply
- Ability to speak English and Cox's Bazar local language (written/verbal)
- Ability to work with limited supervision - Dynamism
- Working experience in the sector of WASH, Public Health, Gender, Child Rights Protection, Disaster Management or Humanitarian Assistance and relevant experience
- Ability to work under limited supervision
- Good report writing ability
- Computer skills
Job Nature: Full-time (Contractual basis)
- M. Sc/ B.Sc in Civil Engineering or Civil and Environment Engineering
- Diploma in Civil Engineering or relevant qualification with 5-8 years relevant experience also may apply.
- 2 to 3 year(s) experience in project management preferable in emergency and humanitarian response program
- Working experience with NGO, Development Agency
- Working exp. in Humanitarian Assistance, Emergency Response Program and Emergency Humanitarian Response Program
Job Location: Cox’s Bazar
Salary Range: BDT 65, 000/-
Other Benefits: As per Human Resource Policies and Procedures
Interested persons are requested to apply with complete Curriculum Vitae (not more than 4 pages) with cover letter stating suitability for the position, contact telephone number and a copy of a recent passport size photograph. Job Application Form can be downloaded by clicking here. Please note the application form is required to be completed in full and incomplete applications will not be considered. NGO Forum is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified female candidates. Applications should be sent to email@example.com or Manager, HR & Admin, NGO Forum for Public Health 4/6, Block-E, Lalmatia, Dhaka-1207. Please mention the position title and Job Reference: 27.06.18 in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be called for interview.