Asst. Project Engineer
No. of Vacancies: 01
The key purpose of this position is to carry out the duties and responsibilities of Field Officer - Technical to ensure effective implementation of WASH interventions maintaining the highest possible level of standards and quality by ensuring necessary support to the project and utilizing resources for implementation. In this circumstance, NGO Forum is looking for a qualified individual to carry out the duties and responsibilities of the Improved WASH Services in Cox's Bazar area.
Job Description / Responsibility
· Assist in Project activities implementation
· Assist in Scaling up access to improved sanitation facilities
· Participate in Monitoring and Supervision of the project activities
· Project Activities Implementation:
· Asst. to plan the activities according to the project document.
· Follow-up of the progress of activities by regular visits;
· Asst. to prepare activity reports.
· Asst. to prepare work plan considering the target of the project period
· Ensure implementation of the WASH activities as per the work plan and or defined guided by the supervisor.
· Asst. to validate the relevance of the intervention area, the selection of beneficiaries, and identification of committed players.
· Ensure the project's technical follow-up for his/her component.
· Scaling up access to improved sanitation facilities:
· Asst. to prepare the drawing, design and BoQ of the facilities
· Propose solutions or improvements for better performance of the activities
· Regular monitoring of the activity of the construction work
· Asst. to prepare the details work plan for the construction work and implement as well
· Asst. to prepare the activity progress report of the relevant activities
· Participate in Monitoring and Supervision of the project activities:
· Regular monitor the WASH activities at field level
· Asst. to prepare monitoring tools according to the project indicators
· Monitor and follow up the volunteers' activities
· Assist and guide the volunteers for the smooth functioning of the project.
· Professional work experience in different WASH project implementation, monitoring and reporting.
· Experience in the design, construction and supervision of WASH infrastructure.
· Proficient knowledge of standard computer software (AutoCAD, MS Word, Excel and project management software)
· Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
· Have knowledge on qualitative and quantitative M&E system, large data-based management, monitoring of WASH based programs and socio economic status.
· Good communication and networking skills both in Bangla & English
Job Nature: Full-time (Contractual basis)
· M. Sc / B.Sc in Civil Engineering or Civil and Environment Engineering.
· Diploma in Civil Engineering with minimum 3-5 years working experience in relevant field may also apply.
· 3-5 year(s) working experience with NGO, Development Agency
· Working in Humanitarian Assistance and Emergency Response Program
Job Location: Cox’s Bazar
Salary Range: BDT 62,205
Other Benefits: As per Human Resource Policies and Procedures
Interested persons are requested to apply with complete Curriculum Vitae (not more than 4 pages) with cover letter stating suitability for the position, contact telephone number and a copy of a recent passport size photograph. Job Application Form can be downloaded by clicking here. Please note the application form is required to be completed in full and incomplete applications will not be considered. NGO Forum is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified female candidates. Applications should be sent to email@example.com or Manager, HR & Admin, NGO Forum for Public Health 4/6, Block-E, Lalmatia, Dhaka-1207. Please mention the position title and Job Reference: 27.06.18 in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be called for interview.