No. of Vacancies: 12
The key purpose of this position is to carry out the duties and responsibilities of Field Facilitator to ensure effective implementation of WASH interventions maintaining the highest possible level of standards and quality by ensuring necessary support to the project and utilizing resources for implementation. In this circumstance, NGO Forum is looking for a qualified individual to carry out the duties and responsibilities of the Improved WASH Services in Cox's Bazar area.
Job Description / Responsibility
- Assess the needs and resources required for donor & NGOF hygiene promotion activities, plan an appropriate integrated response.
- Plan, design and manage the implementation of hygiene promotion measures to address priority public health risks according to the agreed plan, and complimentary to physical sanitation measures, to meet the needs in excreta disposal, wastewater.
- Mobilize communities, where appropriate, to participate fully in this program.
- Supervising the repairing works, dislodging, cleaning works by volunteers and reporting the progress of work.
- Monitoring the WASH Facilities status, reporting and making the plan of actions.
- Organizing, monitoring and reporting of Hygiene Promotion Session by H.P Volunteers
- Conducting Bio-gas user group orientation and capacity building session
- Train community facilitators, trainers and staff in hygiene promotion as appropriate.
- Support and train official camps of Nayapara and Kutupalong and newly open staff in hygiene promotion project planning and implementation, including budgeting, and reporting, as appropriate.
- Develop/adapt hygiene promotion materials for use during an emergency operation for different target groups e.g. school children, those responsible for Operation and Maintenance (O&M).
- Use participatory approaches as a far as possible throughout the program cycle, in training, and in the use of toolkits and other materials.
- Monitor the impact of hygiene promotion activities and provide regular, timely and accurate narrative and financial information for inclusion in the donor's reports for the Team Leader or other parties.
- Ensure that hygiene promotion activities are in line with SPHERE standards, Federation WatSan and Health & Care policies and national policies.
- Perform any other related duties or responsibilities that may be assigned by the project team
- Basic orientation on WaSH for refugee camp
- WaSH experiences on refugee context
- Good communication skill
- Computer operating knowledge
- Working knowledge with Govt. officials
- Positive attitude as development activities, team spirit and accommodative within team and community level.
- Should have knowledge on WatSan, Public Health, Community mobilization, PRA tools and techniques.
- Experience in community mobilization and WaSH related activities implementation at field level, willingness to work with
- Working in team
- Willingness to work under pressure
Job Nature: Full-time (Contractual basis)
Educational Requirements: Graduate/ Bachelor Degree in any discipline.
- 2-3 year(s) working experience with NGO, Development Agency
- Experience in Social Mobilization works
- Organizing group meeting
- Knowledge on Safe water Sanitation and Hygiene, Cooking
- Knowledge on staff supervision
- Knowledge on Program Monitoring & supervision
Job Location: Cox’s Bazar
Salary Range: BDT 36, 325 - BDT 38, 940
Other Benefits: As per Human Resource Policies and Procedures
Interested persons are requested to apply with complete Curriculum Vitae (not more than 4 pages) with cover letter stating suitability for the position, contact telephone number and a copy of a recent passport size photograph. Job Application Form can be downloaded by clicking here. Please note the application form is required to be completed in full and incomplete applications will not be considered. NGO Forum is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified female candidates. Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or Manager, HR & Admin, NGO Forum for Public Health 4/6, Block-E, Lalmatia, Dhaka-1207. Please mention the position title and Job Reference: 27.06.18 in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be called for interview.